19 January, 2010

mud and spit (wishing there was for him)

Bolo's been deeply depressed lately- he has - and I can only assume that it's because of his lost vision. When I left for California he was basically fine - when I got back, he was completely blind. This has led to the unnervy site of him walking rite into walls and getting lost in tite spaces. No more running to the door to greet the newcomer. No more running to look out the window @ passign people. One just feels aweful.

He has trouble going up and down the stairs - but he manages. However, walks are something else. he has no landmarcks to guide him by - at least until the snow is more fully melted off of the alleys and lawns and the scents reappear. So, he meanders down the alley or up the street, needing to be guided by me - even to the point where I guide him over to his favourite bushes from his "Site" days.

Ive heard - and been told - that blind dogs do ok. Even diabetic and crazily allergic dogs. But it's hard to see yr little friend lose his site and mope around.

1 comment:

John said...

I'm so sorry Patrick, give Bolo some pets from me.