04 January, 2011

Bar Fite

Yep - BAR FITE!! Was involved in. Well..... I'm pretty into the Irish Bars in this hod -outside of Eire, no 'hood can come close to matching. They're different, tend to draw different crowds - but i like'm all. Jacob was in the other day and we decided to go out and have a drink about hereways. 1st choice was Lanigans - but not enough chix, our recond showed. SO, back to a bar that I haven't been in since October 2002 - Rinkydinx.
Now, since i'd been reading the Book of Genesis lately - sideways into Exodus now - we decided to put on Hasidim airs. Black clothes, widebrimmed black hat, bible in my ritecoat pocket (always these days) etc etc etc. When we walked into this bar, then, we were a site (i am, usually, in theseabouts). So, to the crowded bar, and two old reeking of drink and slurry speech jackasses immediately started i on us. Faggots, fags, homos, jews, fags, jews, faggots ... the usual.

Me? I laugh that shit off. My neighbourhood, these bitched are not gonna run me outta here. But Jacob? So easily drawn into everything. Despite pleading w. him to just ignore these fucks, he KEPT HAVING to go out of his way to respond to them. Fucking hassle he can be. Just shut up and they go away. Not Jacob.

Eventually it seemed to calm down. they bought us drinx, and I figgered it was over. Nope. After a bit, I offered them a drink - and they responded by throwing the bottles tothe ground and the wall. Then one of them jumped and me and took a swing - easily he was shrugged off. Jaboc jumped up and started to lift a chair -luckily one of the young men @ the bar stopped him from smashing it over one of the fucks heads.

Enough. We left. Diveass bar.

But that's not gonna stop me fro going there by myself this week. No one tells me where to go in my own neighbourhood. And the funny ace in the hole? Noticed a young girl there drinking who I know - a 19yo girl I know. I expect no problems from this place, and hav eno problem threatening this place if they try to not allow me to drink and allow me to be hassled again.

The bar really sucks, too. No cider, no Guiness. I had to lower myself and actually drink beer. Yuk.

No comments: