22 November, 2010

Was lovely

...and the thoughts, lovely just. Made my aduly bookclub debut, having rea donly 40% of the book. It was Ice Berg Slim's Mama Black Widow. I've always loved autobio's and novels by African Americans because truely they offer a slice of life I never knew existed. When I was younger, especially - constantly reminded by reading what a DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE different peoles have here - and my thoughts are not the universal thoughts of ths country.

But - the book club. Good showing - Gallo, Homes, Dagwood, Rocky, Jbird, The Hen, and Army Z's girlf (who am I missing?). Funny, because these dudes wanted some sorta ALLCOCK party, where girls are not allowed. Therew as some quibbling about this or that girl invited - but even though it was a gay book and a gay movie, don't we want that female element involved in the discussion -WAIT WAIT WAIT - I just ralised that 100% of these fuxs are married, and so .....

Oh. we did more that laugh when the word "mit" was used in the book and all that - we ate and drank goodly. Gallo had jubbled up the dished ths nite, and the Deustch fare was fairly fantastic. Loved it. Kraut and suusages and all that. Loved it. Also good to dehouse myself and hang out in evanston - watched Bears game thursday nite @ Rocky's w. Gallo.

So - proximo beis I actually read the book fully.

No comments: