17 November, 2010

fingerless

Love to play rough w. Bolo - he rolling on his back, 'biting' my hands, growling, all in good mood as we goof off. Since he went blind about ayear ago, this game is a little dangerous for me - Bolo can no longer see exactly where to leave off his bite so he actually doesnt bite me. So, 5-6 weeks ago, he bit me when we were playing and its effects have lastet to this day. He came down hard on my hand and cut up my left pinkie bad.

At first I figgered the pain would go away - then started to fear (before i knew it was infected) it was some sorta carpel tunnel syndrome from playing guitar (really - I feared i'd have to quit plaing to save my hands). Then I figered it was broken - it hurt so damn bad. SO BAD. I mean anytime I would happen to clip my pinkie against a table as i was walking by, fex, I'd be overcome by the terrible pain and would yake 30s of concentaration for the pain to pass. Yes, I know - im not having my leg amputated w. anestetics - but it was a real hurt and a real bother. twice in waves of 2 days the pain overall was just rotten.

Finally went to doc, told me it was infected, and heat would have to be applied to it - I guess i idnt get antibotics ecause of the wwhole over perscription of them etc etc etc.

Pinkie still hurts. Still slightly ballooned up, reddish, and skin falling off of it. Looks horrible. However, guitar is easier now and things are seeming to heal slowly.

No comments: