27 April, 2009

football au printemps: empates y carne asada

Two games, two late leads, two enemy goals in the last three minutes to take away our three points in the standings and saddle us instead with but one point. We have been playing well - very well, indeed - but the above scanario wass done to us double this past week, and it puts our team in serious straits this season.

All my brave talk earlier was centered around winning our conference and being promoted to the top conference in the city. Now it seems thta instead of being promoted to the top flite (The Premier Conference), it seems that we have a serious chance to be relagated from the First Divisin to the Second. Under my watch. Great.

But, the girls were happy. We played three games this past week, and lost once and the two ties. If we'd just won these games - or one of them - we'd be in healthy shape. But now we need a win in our last game, a bit of help in the other games, and then a win in a 'relagation' game I'd hoped to avoid. This is our reality now.

I'd also had a good time on Saturday during our sophomore games. Boy, I'd wanted to sleep late on Saturday - but up @ 0700h to make sure I could get to the bus w/ the girls. The day was fun. We had two games (These are the sophmore teams that only play on Saturday, not the varsity team I talked of above). W ehad our first game @ 10am, and then our second game @ 3pm. Because we can only afford one bus, the girls have to leave @ 8.45am and leave the stadium @ 4.10pm. A long 4h wait between games. SO, I got the brite idea to stage a cookout - and it went well. The girls - both teams - love being part of a team and are always happy - gnerally - and the whole day was a party for them. They brought up all sorts of MExican cookout stuff, so we ate well as hell. Seems that since the 9 may Saturday is also a 4h wait - we mite do it again. But therew as tonens of meat, veggies, drink, and kids playing around. The weather held, though we had to sit through maybe 2 5m drizzles. I'd brought up my little grill, but the bottles I'd gotten the nite before really didn't fit the screws on the grill - so I had to wander from the stadium and get new bottles. They worked, but we had so much meat I had to go get some temp. throwawayable grills to go along w/ my mini grill. We got all people fed in the end. Plus - i got to take some meat and tostadas home. Hope we do it again.

No comments: