30 May, 2014

Playoff bound

And we are in.  First  game, as I figured, we won handily.  5-0, but it coulda been 16-0 if I felt like it.  second game was easier than I expected, but still a contest.  There came the time in the second game where I had to rush in my regular left defender when the other team closed the game to 4-3 - but then two more goals came in and I could re put in all the scrubs.

Favorite moments, besides the joy of the girls on the final whistle in realising we have up top three more games together  (if we win), er to Swas also laughter.  One of my new players, a real force, is more an athlete than a soccer player now.  I yelled out to her to SHOOT THE BALL when she was close enough - and, of course, within 2m she had that chance and she scored.  Got the big smile from her when I yelled out "Hey, ______, sometimes shooting the ball actually works!"  She then later got a header from outside the 24yd box - fun as hell.

Now today is spent scurrying about the school with mapquest directions to the game Saturday afternoon and cajoling players to skip that party or whatever and get their parents to drive them to the game.  And reminding them of the pizza party today as their reward for being double winners of the division and city quaterfinalists.

Now, not just one but a potential of SIX playoff games beckon in my close experience.  I am going to age 60 years these six games.  

No comments: