30 March, 2012

the olde school

Gamed'up @ Gately Stadium today - where i actually played in grammer school and across the street from where I used to teach about 10 years ago. Game was really fun, but ultimately frustrating - varsity again tied, and this time so did we. I had two girls back from varsity - not my chpoice as it was the people above me, but deeply welcome as it meant we actually had a bit of skill and some talent and the possibility of offense. However, we still hav enot scored, despite the fact we had chance after chance bounce off the side of the net or dribbled into the other goalies hands after a tepid strike fromone of my girls. Should've won. Scored. But no.

Brite side? Our spirit. The girls love being part of the team. JV is much less.... less issues than the varsity, lets say. Despite my gloomyness about not getting the 3 points, they were cheering and happy. Good thing.

And, hey, across the street from the old school. Taught there about 5m and in the middle of the year mentally collapsed. One weekend during that year I had gotten myself into a position where I actually thought I ws gonna be killed - and my mind just snapped out. Never went back to that school and quit it. Ten years on I can see my mistake now. Was @ several schools since then and haven't been able to stick @ any. NOW so wish do i could have that chance back. Such a rough school - but have been in tuffer.

Ahd an interview @ a grammer school earlier in the week. Englewood neighbourhood, so I bet it'll be tuff as hell if I were to get the job.

Except Im shure I will never get hired again.

The interview went well, and the school library - of the 35 things I'm certified to teach, this position is a librarian spot - has so much potential. great space, windows so i can smother it w. plants, and a decent -but oolde - collection of books. Only four computers, but we can work on getting more.

Well, except i will neve rget the job. Or any job again.

Except soccer coach @ the school I coach @ now. A job I will never lose, actually.

No comments: