04 June, 2010

last weekend

Oi. Wahta weekend. the extremes of life. Friday and Sunday late were reserved for desperate military actions, all plumes and feathers and shined boots riding into combat, but blood and flesh and death strewn me off the field. The Worst of me. Entirely preventable - I needn't really give the orders - but i did.

Saturday nite and Sunday morning were better. Family and frenz. There was the party @ Jokers. Shocking drive way north almost to Wisconsin. Lots of married couples w. 2-6 year old kids and such. What did you expect? - the age. Just a blessed time. Especially important for me is that I'm really slipping off the radar screens of my frenz - it was nice to remember me by actually showing up.

And more- Snowden got married, and here he was telling me @ the peekneek. That's how far off I am - not only wasn't I invited - I had no clue what was going on!

Blessed frenz. Just chilling. And to juxtapose it with the firestorm of horror I created and faced the nite before. Good riddance.

And good food. But, since I was still worn out by battle the nite before, I ate nothing except to shut my stomachs yells of pain. No alcohol. Best site? Way high up, a hawk - not an accipiter, but a big huge one (obv. a female) was leisurely gliding west - well, not exactly leisurely fully, since a grackle was making repeated runs at its back and pecking at it, much like a fight was trying to shoot down a larger bomber in WW2 by trying to shot at it from behind.

Then there was Rockkies b-day party @ that crappy bar on Western. Again, good. Again, frenz, chill, these people are understanding and .... THEY LIKE ME and are not out to hurt me. In fact, they want to do just the opposite - they wanna just chill. SO, it was, again, a great time.

Blessed. Except for the war part.

2 comments:

Dread Pirate Jessica said...

Why not try a week of thinking of your emotional life in gardening metaphors instead of military metaphors? It might make all the difference.

Anonymous said...

Next post topic - the siege of the compound in Waco