04 November, 2009

a psalm i'd like sung @ my funeral

Sure its some creepy catholic song, and dreadfull to hear for rock and roll ears ... but i watched the funeral of Pope JP2 5 yars ago, and amidst the sadness of it all came this song - beautiful. It's Psalm 64, and only today did i figger i should ty to youtube it.

Has its long not so compelling parts - but thn there is that single organ note, and the uplifting wonderful part comes. The kids, singing, swelling, wonderfull.

In the midst of so much death, there is even more life. I kknow because i can hear the children singing, always singing.

If y happen to be @ my funeral, hopefully many years hence, and they pass out sheets for you to sing, remember these are the songs I want sung to me as we say our goodbyes. I'll be listening.

No comments: