18 July, 2013

getting there

non airconditioned 3d floor library @ my school. Sweating. Me and principal only in school. Listened to whitey's latest mix, now waiting for thom Hartmann to hit. Two. Speanding lottes time in librray this summer. This librray very old fashioned, and takes tonnes of work from me to make it into a modernlike asset to the school. Wulling to do the work - say, 10-15h /week no pay. Will make my life so much easier this Fall. Good for kids. But does suck having to go into .... sweatbox to work boring on de kids outripping did i really need to come in today? Hadn't the first three days this week - but the feeling of falling behind....what am I doing? I am automating the library here - meaning when the kids check out a book, it will not hav eto be done the old fashioned way of kids signing card etc - now we will be able to check the out w a scanner - like a REEAL library! However, i measn that I have to spend unpaid weeks dripping nasty here - but does force meself to stay out of trouble.

the work consists of me going thru' every single book in the collection and inputting it into the system. Every book thru' my hands. thousands of books. tedium. Some simple - scan the UPC code on the back, if it reads, then scan the library bar code on the back of the book and hit enetr. Maybe 15% of the books. Ohterwise, open up the cover, look for the UPC< enter it manuelly. hope it is found......etc etc etc....

Not hard, but tedious. And in 90% heat ((how will th ekids deal with this furnance in 4 weeks??). Gotta get done. Being abit lazy - i really shoulda done each day this week- but i am slitely shaving bits off my total work, so slow and steady and sweaty is the way.

P_lus, you know, I actually have a job - the same job i will be going back to in the Fall. Me. A job I have kept.

No comments: