12 June, 2011

knees

Endlessly now they hurt - my knees. ONly one is injured - the rite - but wobbling about on one makes the other natty, so now two hurtpins. Suxx. Worst is the getting up in the nite - everynite, several times a nite - to get up to walk around the room - because THAT"S THE ONLY WAY THY STOP HURTING.

So, finally, i ddi go get an MRI- and the do said that basically, if Iever want to play w/out pain again - Ive gotta get surgery ont he rite.

Not bad surgery - arthro, 20m, maybe even no pain meds after - but do i really want surgery of any kind?

But, tehn - do i ever want a full nites sleep?

Why I don't want surgery:
I'd wanted to wait it out - the other coaches have their various hurts, some knee related, but have not had surgery - is my knee worse off than their various hurts?

That book - Pain Free - has had a tremendous effect on my mind. It's thesis is a rather attractive one: "don't get surgery - just follow our steps to heal. Yopu will eventually get better w/out surgery". But everyday, dull pain ......

So, I dunno. Can't play any sports rite now - no cutting and all. I could run - straight ahead motion - but I'm too unhealthy to put a ball @ my feet.

This suxx.

No comments: